Up to 22* CME Credits
The target audience for this program is dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons (core specialties), and residents in these fields.Educational Method
Presentations will consist of lectures and panel discussions, featuring question and answer sessions, actual case presentation, as well as live injection demonstrations.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Evolve Medical Education LLC and Cosmetic Surgery Forum LLC. Evolve Medical Education LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.Program Overview
Dissemination of information by experts experienced in clinical research and patient care is critical to address practicing dermatologists’ underlying educational needs, allowing them to confidently overcome demonstrated practice gaps. In the field of cosmetic procedures, patient satisfaction, low risk-benefit ratio and patient’s quality of life are the primary success goals to be achieved by the physicians. Addressing patient management and therapeutic options for cosmetic surgery can provide education that is immediately applicable to clinical practice.Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Evaluate the clinical and scientific differences between available botulinum toxin agents
- Discuss proper patient selection and safety concerns for neuro-modulators and injectable fillers
- Understand neuro-modulators and injectable fillers
- Evaluate complications from injectable fillers and discuss management and avoidance techniques
- Evaluate current and newly available fat removal therapies, devices and techniques
- Discuss non-surgical leg vein treatment
- Understand current and newly available scar treatment therapies
- Consider the various uses of dermatologic lasers in practice for medical and aesthetics applications
- Discuss newly available cosmeceuticals and their use in cosmetic dermatology
- Establish patient education efforts to improve expectations and understanding of complications in medical and cosmetic procedures and improve satisfaction
- Utilize patient satisfaction tools to aid in patient selection and setting expectations
- Discuss the economic and social aspects of the cosmetic surgery market and how they impact clinical practice patterns
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Evolve Medical Education LLC and Cosmetic Surgery Forum LLC. Evolve Medical Education LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Evolve Medical Education LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 22 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2017 Cosmetic Surgery Forum
The Cosmetic Surgery Forum, program #36103, is recognized by the American Academy of Dermatology for 20 AAD Recognized Credits and may be used toward the AAD CME Award.
*Amount of CME credit is subject to change.