CSF 2018 was a year to remember! From celebrating the 10 year anniversary of CSF to announcing our move to Nashville, the three full days of practical, honest and insightful learning were the perfect way to close out the year. Check out our final edition of tips, tricks and pearls from the 2018 meeting.
Dr. Suzan Obagi’s Practice Pearls for Injectables in the Office:
Dr. Suzan Obagi shares four practice tips to enhance your injection schedule to its fullest.
- Positive patient experience stems from proper results
- Patients refer their friends, build trust for other procedures and loyalty.
- Proper time allotted for procedure
- Room preparation for efficiency: lay out needles, gauze, disinfectant, etc.
- Have the patient’s last two treatment maps for reference.
- Don’t think about a schedule as one long schedule.
- Create two parallel schedules for general dermatology/cosmetics.
- Do the injections yourself
- Perform the treatments yourself unless you absolutely can’t. You’re the one who has the aesthetic eye.
- It will differentiate from everyone else around you.
Dr. Suneel Chilukuri’s Recipe for Success in Your Practice:
- 1 teaspoon of ideas
- ½ cup of goodwill
- 1 pinch of positivity
- ¾ cup of imagination
- 1 lb. of leadership
- 2 spoonfuls of teamwork
- 1 cup of market vision
- 3 tablespoons of challenge and 1 bag of hard work
- Suneel Chilukuri says when you’re starting a practice, you have to ask yourself who you are. Or, if you’re in the middle of owning a practice, ask yourself who you are and what it is that you want?
- He says the next step is to identify who your patient is and the final step is to figure out what your brand is.
- Tip: “If you treat someone well or create an incredible experience, that person now becomes your brand ambassador. Brand yourself and figure out who you want to be and understand that principal.”
- Chilukuri encourages practitioners to follow these steps in order to set goals, invest in your team and your brand and to really grow your practice.
- Research from Harvard Business Review shows people who are already in your practice are 5-25x more willing to try something with you, 5x more likely to repurchase and 7x more likely to try a new offering.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Owning a Practice with Dr. Candace Spann
- Becoming overly friendly with employees.
- Paying 100% of medical insurance.
- Not performing drug tests
- Not having monthly staff meetings.
- Operating on employees before guidelines are in place and have been fulfilled.
- Not having employee liability insurance.
- Not having a working interview for potential candidates.
Tip: Be aware that 70% of practices have experienced some form of embezzlement.
- Installing a biometric time clock.
- Recognizing phenomenal employees and striving to treat them well.
- Offering a 401K and matching program.
- Offer staff and household members mental health counseling to crisis counseling.
- Hiring a MGMA (medical group management association) certified practice administrator. If you are not a financial expert, hire a financial manager as well.
- Employee handbook – having employees read and sign.
Feminine Rejuvenation with Dr. Doris Day:
- Feminine Rejuvenation can improve urinary incontinence, pain when during sex, dryness and other issues. These problems affect 1 in every 2 women. 46% of women suffering from urinary incontinence say their symptoms negatively impact their sexual function.
- Combined therapies that often work best for vaginal rejuvenation are CO2, RF and ERBIUM. The market for these devices is growing.
- Doris Day feels the term Vaginal Rejuvenation should be replaced with Vaginal Restoration for this procedure. Rejuvenation implies something that is more elective and appearance related, when restoration is more function related.
- The FDA has been making claims some companies don’t have studies to report for vaginal rejuvenations. She says that studies are starting to be done and they will support the idea that this treatment can be done on women.
That’s a wrap! If you want to learn more from our 2018 meeting, check out the tips, tricks and pearls in Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.
Register today to experience all new content in a new place: Nashville, Tennessee!
Don’t miss the chance to save $200 on all CORE tickets now through February 28.